As indicative of the name, the recipe is prepared using spinach which is rich in Vitamins (A, E, K, B2, B6, C, folate), manganese, magnesium, iron, copper, calcium, potassium and a lot more nutrients.
- Chopped spinach (~2-3 cups, steamed)
- Cooked whole wheat pasta (~ 8 ounces)
- White wine (½ cup)
- Garlic cloves chopped well (3)
- Cooking oil (1 tablespoon)
- Cherry tomatoes cut into halves (1-1½ cup)
- Salt, pepper (as per taste)
- Parmesan cheese (grated, ½ - 1 cup)
1. In a wok, add a tablespoon of cooking oil. Once heated, add the chopped garlic cloves and stir for 25-30 seconds.
2. Now add the cherry tomatoes to it, sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes.
3. To the soft and tender cherry tomatoes, add the white wine and stir well.
4. Once you get a thick consistency of the tomato-wine sauce, add the steamed spinach to it and mix well over a medium flame.
5. Add the cooked pasta and toss the ingredients carefully (if you are not very confident about the toss, you can saute the pasta-spinach mixture instead).
6. Add the parmesan cheese and stir for some more time until the pasta has been coated well in the sauce.
7. A mouth-watering pasta dish is all yours!