It’s sometimes too hard to restrict yourself to get to be decadent of this amazing recipe if made in large quantities. The beetroot Tikki has such amazing flavours that everybody would get restless to attack the plate. You can even pair it with pita bread or burger bun and enjoy its amazing taste.
- 1 cup boiled beetroot
- 3 medium-sized boiled potatoes
- 2 green chillies
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp fennel powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp amchur powder
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp cornstarch.
1. Mash the beetroot and boiled potato in a bowl and add green chili, Kashmiri chili powder, coriander powder, amchur, fennel powder, salt and cornstarch in it.
2. Mix everything well and shape them into round or flat tikkis. You can keep the choice of the shape of your tikkis as per your creativity.
3. Take breadcrumbs in a plate and coat your tikkis well with it.
4. In a pan add 3 tablespoon oil and roast the tikkis till they are crisp.
5. Once they turn light brown turn them to the other side and roast them evenly from both the sides. Serve it hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Beetroot has been long hailed for its nutritional properties. Now make it an integral part of your daily diet with this amazing recipe that will give you an instant flavour boost.