This Paneer Mushroom Biryani is an easy one pot meal that can be prepared in a jiffy. It is simple yet delicious and full of flavour. Serve it for lunch or for dinner, along with raitha and your favourite pickle. Paneer and sliced mushrooms are first fried until golden brown in colour. Then prepare the masala, which is quite easy. Then layer this paneer mushroom masala with cooked ghee rice or jeera rice. Scrumptious Paneer Mushroom Biryani is ready!
- Paneer 200 g
- Mushroom 200 g
- Onion (chopped) 4
- Tomatoes (chopped) 4
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies 6
- Vegetable oil 3 tbsp
- Garam masala powder 1 tbsp
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves (chopped) 2 tbsp
- Cashew nuts (sliced) 2 tbsp
- Raisins 2 tbsp
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Curd 1/4 cup
- Cooked Basmati Rice 3 cups
- Salt as required
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Fry the cut paneer until light golden brown in colour.
- Remove from pan.
- To the same pan, add the sliced mushrooms and saute with a little salt for about 2 minutes.
- Keep it aside.
- To the same pan add the ghee and fry the raisins and cashew nuts, and fry till golden brown.
- Once done, keep them aside.
- Next, add the vegetable oil to the pan.
- Add onions and saute until soft.
- Next, add the ginger garlic paste and green chillies and saute until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and saute until they turn soft.
- Add the turmeric powder and salt and mix.
- Next, add the fried paneer and mushrooms and mix well.
- Add the curd too.
- Next, add the chopped coriander leaves and cook covered for 2-3 minutes.
- Switch the flame off.
- Next layer a pan with alternate layers of the cooked rice and the paneer mushroom masala, sprinkling garam masala powder on top of each layer of rice.
- Simmer and cook covered on dum for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with raitha and pickle.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!