You can add extra zing to your morning with this delicious poha recipe that is easy to cook and will definitely mesmerize your taste buds. Made with beaten rice or flattened rice this recipe is a quick breakfast recipe good to go during a busy morning.
- 1 cup beaten rice
- 2 finely chopped onion
- 3-4 green chillies
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 small potato
- 2 tsp grated coconut
- ¼ cup crushed groundnut
- 4-5 curry leaves
1. Splash poha in clean water two to three times. Now drain water and let it rest for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes loosen it gently and break the lumps.
3. In a pan add oil and once it gets heated add mustard seed and let it crackle. Now add potatoes and stir it for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add onion, curry leaves and sauté it for 2-3 minutes again. Now it’s time to add poha and mix it very well.
5. Add grated coconut, groundnut, salt and sugar and stir gently until it turns golden in colour.
6. Once it seems ready, add lemon juice and serve it hot with brewed tea or coffee.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!