Exercise has been known to help in making your delivery much easier and and less painful, as it gets your muscles used to the stretching and movements of delivery and increases your stamina. We’ll tell you about a few exercises, the methods to follow to do them and also their benefits.
But before we proceed further, we urge you to remember that this is a general advice. Every woman and every pregnancy is different, so please consult your doctor and get their approval before you go ahead with any exercise.
- Exercise according to the stage of pregnancy you are in - by week and month. Because of the increasing weight of the baby, it can be difficult for you to exercise everyday.
- You can exercise by lying on your side until your 4th month of pregnancy. To do this, first lie down on your back, keep both your hands at your side and straighten your legs in front of your and spread them. After this, place your hands behind your head and try to raise your head to touch your chest. Try to stay in this position for at least 3 seconds and then come back to your original position.
- Try to do this exercise 3 to 5 times in a day. Doing this exercise everyday strengthens your stomach muscles.
- Another exercise you can do is by lying down directly on the ground and dragging your knees closer to you. Repeat this exercise 4 - 5 times in a day. After 5-6 months into your pregnancy, instead of lying on the ground, use the wall instead.
Benefits of exercising during pregnancy:
- Many pregnant mothers are misinformed that exercise during pregnancy is harmful for their baby, but the fact remains that if the exercise is done right, then both mother and child are going to be healthier and fitter.
- It is important to keep the muscles of your stomach and abdomen healthy during your pregnancy, as they are the organs that are going to take care of your child.