Once you are married, you are expected to impress each and every person in your husband’s family. And the one who comes on the top of the hierarchy is your parent-in-laws. The best way to astonish them is by unveiling your culinary skills. After all, food never fails to get you some fans.Who doesn’t fall head over heels at the sight of those puffy, big and round batura? It wins the heart of each and every person. Of course, the batura is three times the size of puri and a little tricky to make, but the spicy and tasty chole makes it worth a try.
To make chole:
1 kg Kabuli Chana, a bunch mint and coriander leaves, green chillies,1 lemon, a few pieces of Cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaves, 6 or 7 tomatoes, 2 tbsp oil, red chilli powder, salt, chole masala, fresh cream
- Boil Chana in a pressure cooker till they are soft.
- Grind green chillies, mint and coriander leaves and make it a paste (green paste).
- Prepare a tomato puree with cinnamon and cardamom.
- In a pan, with oil, add bay leaves and tomato puree. Fry for 3-4 minutes. Then add the green paste.
- Add red chilli powder, salt, lemon and chole masala. Mix it.
- Add boiled chana and let it cook.
- Garnish the chole with fresh cream and coriander leaves and it is ready to savour.
To make Batura:
Self-rising flour (1 cup), Bread (4 slices), Ghee (3 tbsp), Sugar (0.5 tbsp), salt, milk/curd (1 cup)
- Soak bread and make a soft dough. Mix all the ingredients and add to the bread dough. Let it rest for 5 hours.
- Roll the dough into big puri and deep fry.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!