It is a delicious evening snack and can also be taken along with tea or sauce. Even kids will love this recipe even though it is made out of sprouts! It is my easy homely version and can be made within 5 minutes. Hope you like it.
• Sprouts - 1 cup (Chana and Moong)
• Onions - 3-4 tablespoon (finely chopped)
• Green chillies - 1-2 tbsp
• Besan - 2-3 tbsp (to make the binding)
• Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
• Chaat masala powder - ½ tsp
• Salt - As required
• Oil - To fry
(Here, I have used mustard oil but you can use refined oil also.)
1. Pressure cooker sprouts along with a pinch of salt, turmeric and little water for about 3-4 whistles. (Make sure not to pour more water as we need a mashed texture and not liquid texture)
2. Take it out in a bowl, you’ll get a mashed texture. (Mash it softly with a spoon).
3. To this, add onions, green chillies, Besan, Turmeric powder, chaat masala powder, salt (if required),
4. Mix well and make small balls.
5. In a frying pan, heat oil and fry the balls till it turns golden brown
6. Sprouts balls fries are ready.
7. Serve it hot as an evening snack with tea or sauce.
Note: You can also add cornflour in step no: 3 to give a crispy taste.