To mix it up a little, here is a savoury waffle that could make for a filling and yummy breakfast.
- 1 ¾ cups unseasoned buttermilk
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup coarsely ground cornmeal
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 30 grams/ ⅓ cup grated cheese (cheddar)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 slices bacon, chopped and fried (optional)
Steps to Prepare:
1. Preheat the waffle iron.
2. Mix the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk the eggs and buttermilk.
4. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and then add the melted butter until the mixture is well blended.
5. Fold in the grated cheese (and the bacon) and let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes.
6. Pour in the batter (you could make 2-3 servings from this batter) and allow to cook until crispy and golden brown.
7. To make for a wholesome and filling breakfast, serve the waffles with a fried egg and some sliced tomatoes, chives, and chopped spring onion.
8. These recipes are easy to execute and make for some yummy wholesome goodness for the entire family!
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
We have a great opportunity for you. You can EARN up to Rs 10,000/- every month right in the comfort of your own HOME. Sounds interesting? Fill in this form and we will call you.