Breastfeeding your baby is beneficial in more ways than one. Not only is it healthy for you as a mom, but it is has many advantages for your baby. It is made up of live cells, so it makes it very easy for your baby’s body to absorb the nutrients in it.
Not all mommies can breastfeed, and that’s completely fine. There are no ill effects if you don’t breastfeed your baby. But there are certain good aspects about breast milk too.
Apart from being nutritious and healthy, the mom’s breast milk is tailor-made for the baby’s needs. As your baby grows older, the taste of your breast milk also changes according to what your baby requires. The breast milk also changes in taste based on what the mother eats.
Here are a few amazing advantages of feeding breast milk to your babies.
1. Breast milk has the right amounts of essential nutrients, proteins, vitamins, fats and antibodies that help in a baby’s growth and development.
2. Babies who are breastfed have a better sense of taste and smell, as the flavour of breast milk changes based on the mother’s diet.
3. Your baby is emotionally content and has a stronger sense of belonging and security, as physical contact is known to strengthen bonds.
4. Babies also get sick less and have a lower risk of allergies.
5. Babies also have a lower risk of diseases like diabetes, obesity, infections and gastroenteritis.
6. Babies have been known to respond better to immunizations against polio, tetanus and influenza if they are fed breast milk.
7. Your little one will have slightly advanced performance in cognitive tests.
Having said all this, we would like to say it again that if, by chance, you are not able to breastfeed your baby, it has no ill effects. Just because you aren’t breastfeeding, it doesn’t make you any less of a mother and it doesn’t affect the baby’s development.