Almonds are said to be the healthiest of almost all nuts. Our mothers and grandmothers have been force feeding us because of the ‘badam-benefits’. Apart from being rich in nutrients, there are also many vitamins in almonds. They contain minerals that are extremely beneficial to our body. The benefits of almonds include: promoting a healthy heart, keeping diabetes at bay, improving concentration and many many more. Let's discuss the many benefits of almonds for the skin as well as hair, in detail:
Table of Content
What Are The Benefits Of Eating Almonds?
Though almonds are said to be rich in fats, the benefits of eating almonds are so many, that you just shouldn’t resist eating a few every day. Almonds contain high amounts of proteins, fibre and monounsaturated fats which are very healthy. They are also said to be loaded with properties of antioxidants, that can help fights cancer and also delay the signs of ageing. There are many vitamins in almonds, it is considered as one of the best sources of Vitamin E, some other ‘badam-benefits’ are that it prevents an increasing cholesterol, can help in maintaining normal blood pressure as well as blood sugar levels. The list seems of the benefits of eating almonds seems to be endless, but the benefits of almonds are not just taken by eating the almonds, there are many by-products which make it so popular.
[Read more: Almonds - Do You Know How Beneficial They Are?]
Benefits Of Almonds For Skin
Almonds can play a vital role in boosting your beauty. As they provide Vitamin E, calcium, fibre and potassium there are many benefits of eating almonds like a glowing and blemish free skin. Apart from eating, the various by-products also have lots of benefits of almonds for Skin.
What Are The Benefits Of Almonds For Skin, When Soaked Overnight?
‣ Every morning have 6-8 almonds, you may or may not peel the skin. The vitamins in almonds help in detoxification of the body and give you a pimple and acne free skin.
‣ Take a few almonds, that were soaked the previous night, mash them and apply directly on to your skin. This would work as a natural scrub and help in blood circulation.
‣ Make a paste of the soaked almonds and apply on rashes or chapped lips. It will help in soothing the skin and give you a relief from the itching.
[Also read: Peanuts: Are They Good For You?]
Benefits Of Almond Oil For Skin
There are numerous benefits of using almond oil for skin. It works in many different ways on your body and helps keep it healthy.
‣ Uses of almond oil in treating Acne and pimples.
A handy tip for using almond oil for face: Almond oil is very light in weight but it is also very effective. It gets quickly absorbed into the skin and starts working on the detoxification, thereby preventing the formation of acne.
‣ Uses of almond oil in treating Dark Circles
One more tip for using almond oil for face: Just apply a few drops of almond oil directly on to your dark circles, before you get into bed. Let it work on them all night.
‣ Uses of almond oil in removing Sun Tan
Just mix a few drops of almond oil and an equal amount of lemon juice, apply on the areas that have been exposed to the sun. Let it stay for a few minutes and then wash using cold water.
‣ Uses of almond oil in reducing Signs of ageing
Avoid premature ageing of skin owing to sun exposure, dust and smoke. Mix some Vitamin E extract with a few drops of almond oil and apply it to your face. Wash off in half an hour, do this twice a week.
‣ Uses of almond oil for a clear and blemish free skin
Another tip for using almond oil for face: warm up a spoonful of almond oil and mix a few drops of tea tree oil. Apply to your face, massage for 15-20 minutes, then wipe it off with a cotton ball.
‣ Uses of almond oil for lightening Stretch marks
Rich in vitamin E, applying almond oil on the stretch marks after a shower can help in reducing them gradually.
‣ Uses of almond oil for a Glowing Skin
On washed and clean hands pour a few drops of almond oil, rub your palms and gently apply the warmed oil on to your face. Let the oil work as you sleep.
‣ Uses of almond oil as a Makeup Remover
Just dab a few drops on a cotton ball and gently remove your makeup, naturally.
What Are The Benefits Of Almonds For Hair, When Soaked Overnight?
‣ Prepare a hair mask by mashing a few soaked almonds. Apply it on your scalp and nourish your hair.
‣ If you are suffering from hair fall troubles, put a spoonful of almond paste in olive oil, massage it well onto your scalp. Leave it overnight, to let it work as a natural conditioner.
‣ Eating a few soaked almonds every day can make your shine with good health. They strengthen the roots and it is visible.
The Benefits Of Almond Oil For Hair
The benefits of almond oil, seem endless. Let us look at the various benefits of Almond Oil for Hair.
‣ Almond oil for Hair: Healthy Scalp
Regular massaging of almond oil will strengthen the scalp, thereby improving the condition of the hair. Remember, if you can’t leave the oil overnight, do make it a point to let it stay for at least an hour.
‣ Almond oil for Hair: A natural conditioner
Use Almond oil for Hair, you might not need a conditioner for your hair. Once you finish your message, wrap a hot towel around your head for deep penetration of the oil.
‣ Almond oil for Hair: Treats Dandruff
To get rid of stubborn dandruff, mix a small amount of amla powder into the almond oil and let it stay in the hair for an hour. Wash with a mild shampoo. Do this twice a week at least.
‣ Almond oil for Hair: Reduces Hair fall
Regular use of almond oil for hair will work towards strengthening your hair from the roots. Stronger roots mean lesser hair fall.
‣ Almond oil for Hair: Makes hair lustrous
When your hair is healthy, it would show. Mix equal amounts of almond oil and olive oil, massage well.
‣ Almond oil for Hair: Treats dry and rough hair
Even if you have dry or chemically treated hair, almond oil can be your best friend. Massage at least twice a week, let the oil work overnight and moisturise deep into the roots.
If you have been investing in branded and expensive cosmetics to work for your skin and hair, maybe you can give almonds a shot too, as almonds and almond oil for hair and skin are very beneficial. They are 100% natural and so the badam benefits will take you a long way and you can certainly expect a lot from them.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
We have a great opportunity for you. You can EARN up to Rs 10,000/- every month right in the comfort of your own HOME. Sounds interesting? Fill in this form and we will call you.