Beetroot is loaded with tons of health benefits but it’s distinctive taste often turns people away from it. People often refrain from adding this wonder vegetable into their diet because of its strange taste and aroma. But you can transform the not so appealing taste of beets into exquisite flavor by using your creativity and cooking skills. Here is a delicious beetroot recipe that can convert the lifelong beetroot deniers into beetroot addict.
Beetroot and chocolate muffins
Ever heard of beetroot muffin? Beets act as great natural sweetener and this is the reason they’re paired with chocolate because together they can give you the most amazing sweet dish on your dinner plate. These muffins not only taste delicious but are absolutely healthy to grab it on the go. If you’re someone who craves for a sweet dish then this dish can be one of the best finds.
- Cooked beetroot 1 cup
- 4 tsp melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 250 gm flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g white chocolate chips
- sugar as required
- ½ cup melted dark chocolate
- chocolate sauce.
1. Start by making a puree of the cooked beetroot in the food processor.
2. Add melted butter and milk in a separate bowl. Next add sugar, melted chocolate and eggs in it and whisk it nicely for 2-3 minutes.
3. Now put the dry ingredients such as flour, beetroot puree and baking powder in a separate bowl.
4. It’s time to slowly pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients so that they mix well. Keep whisking them nicely in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction.
5. Take your mini muffin tins and grease it with butter. Now spoon the mixture into the muffin tins and bake at 180C/170C for 30 minutes.
6. Once the muffins are ready to pour chocolate sauce over it and decorate it with white chocolate chips. The muffins are ready to be served on your dinner plate.