Although children and newborns are vulnerable to many health conditions, most of the serious conditions are very rarely occurring. Generally, family genetics and history along with lifestyle (may it be during or after pregnancy) are the largest factors that cause these serious conditions.
Children and newborns go through many forms of heart conditions.
- Many children and newborns face congenital heart diseases that stem from their genetics or family history.
- The case of slight murmurs in newborns are quite natural and mild increases only require medication.
On the other hand, the critical increase of these murmurs in a serious manner needs surgery. This requires the family and professionals to immediately recognise the life-threatening signs.
Signs and Symptoms
These signs include:
- lack of appetite
- difficulty breathing, or
- the skin tone changing to blue.
One such congenital heart condition is called aortic stenosis.
- In this condition, the blood is unable to flow. The reasons being the lack of energy and pressure which is because of the less oxygen reaching your blood.
- Doctors usually examine the speed of your heart and and how much strength is present in the haemoglobin of the blood flow.
Some other causes of aortic stenosis in newborns which match with adults are:
- Retaining excessive fluid
- Airways are reacting to irritants
- Respiratory illness
- Discomfort while sleeping (with or without sleep apnea)
- Waking up gasping for air
Most newborn treatments include a great amount of change in proper nutrition and fitness in lifestyle as much as possible.
Recently, there has been a number of cases published in The Hindu regarding this condition. Doctors say that congenital heart conditions like aortic stenosis is extremely rare. Only 0.8% of children born suffer from it, of which only 5% face serious results of a very high mortality rate. After an intensive surgery, one newborn was able to fight the the condition only after 22 days of neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).
So, mommies - it is important that you keep a close eye on your little one and seek help immediately!
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
We have a great opportunity for you. You can EARN up to Rs 10,000/- every month right in the comfort of your own HOME. Sounds interesting? Fill in this form and we will call you.