Annoying?! Good annoying or bad annoying?
After getting over the initial shock, finding out you are pregnant (duh!), you would have to start tackling the period of your pregnancy with a strong will. During pregnancy, you would experience a lot of things, they could be good or could be bad. Though it is often said that pregnancy would be the most enriching and rewarding experience of your life, no one ever said that being pregnant would be easy. It is full of discomforts and pestering little annoyances.
These discomforts could be a good thing or a bad thing. Here, we are going to discuss some of the annoying symptoms that are actually a boon/blessing for your baby:
1. Sore And Enlarged Breasts:
- Typically, you would experience this early in the first trimester.
- The rising levels of your estrogen and progesterone in your body are a consequence of your tender breasts but, there is nothing much you can do about it as they are an essential part of pregnancy. Though it may become annoying to walk around with them, it is actually a good thing for your little baby.
- Typically, you would experience this around 4 – 6 weeks.
- The sight of blood while you are expecting can be very frightful. If this happens early in the pregnancy, around 10-14 days after conception, it could simply be from implantation bleeding. This indicates that the fertilized egg attaches itself to the lining of the uterus, which can result in a light pink or brown discharge.
Note: If you don’t experience spotting, don’t worry, not every woman does.If you experience any spotting or bleeding later on in the pregnancy please contact your doctor.
3. Morning Sickness
- Typically, you would experience this during the first trimester
- Combating against waves of nausea for weeks is exhausting, rendering you weak and tired.
- There is no exact explanation for the phenomenon of morning sickness, experts believe that the cause here would be due to a rapid rise in the human chorionic gonadotropin hormone(HCG).
- New findings suggest that those who experience morning sickness are less likely to miscarry or deliver prematurely, also there is an added bonus that their babies have fewer birth defects and may even perform better on IQ tests.
4. Increase Vaginal Discharge:
- Usually throughout pregnancy
- If you are noticing more moistness nowadays, don't worry, that is just being pregnant. Lots of women see an increase in discharge during those nine months.
- It occurs due to increase in estrogen in your body. This extra discharge is said to help purify the vagina and prevent infections from entering the womb.
So, Expectant moms, don't worry about every annoying discomfort you feel, especially the above one. they might actually be a good thing for your baby. If you feel something really bugging, then it is always better to consult your physician.