Unlike tortillas and quesadilla, this succulent savoury is much simpler snacks with an unmistakable Mexican touch to it. Mexican Bread roll is prepared by filling it with sweet corn, capsicum and cheese and then, deep-frying till they are golden brown.
- Bread slices (12)
- Oil for deep-frying
For the filling:
- Butter (2 tbsp)
- Plain flour/Maida (2 tbsp)
- Milk (1 cup)
- Boiled sweet corn kernels (¼ cup)
- Finely chopped capsicum (½ cup)
- Grated processed cheese (¼ cup)
- Dry red chilli flakes (1 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste)
For serving: Tomato ketchup
For the filling:
1. In a non-stick pan, heat the butter and add the plain flour. Cook for a minute on a medium flame, while stirring continuously.
2. Add milk to the same pan and cook for 2 minutes on a medium flame. Stir continuously till there are no lumps or till the sauce is thickened.
3. Add the capsicum, cheese, corn, paprika (chilli flakes) and salt and mix well. Cook for a minute on a medium flame.
4. Transfer this mixture into another bowl and keep it ready.
How to proceed:
1. Remove the bread crust from the bread slices and roll each slice with rolling pin.
2. On each bread slice, place ½ tbsp of filling at the centre and roll it up tightly.
3. At the edge, apply some water and press to seal the stuffing.
4. In a deep kadhai, heat the oil and deep-fry the bread rolls till they are golden brown in colour from all the sides.
5. Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!