What do you think happens at dinner time for the celebs? Looks like disagreements about food doesn’t just happen in your homes alone. Read on to know what happened in the Bachchan house!
The Tweets were the culprit!
After reading Abhishek Bachchan’s tweet about hating broccoli, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan had to set the record straight. Just when dinner time neared, Abhishek was given a wholesome helping of quinoa salad with broccoli in it.
Padukone the health buff
To make matters even worse, Abhishek saw that his wife now had another supporter in the argument. Deepika Padukone tweets back with her love for broccoli and takes Aishwarya’s side. Padukone herself feels that having a few guilty pleasures is aright - overall health is very important at the same time.
Are Padukone and Ash Right?
Is broccoli good for overall health? Yes, Padukone and Ash are right. You would be surprised to know of the things that broccoli can help avoid.
1. Best for your children or anyone to stay strong and healthy. Broccoli is colour and nutrient rich with magnesium, zinc and phosphorus.
2. Brings the cholesterol levels down. Broccoli contains fibre that makes getting rid of cholesterol easy by 6%.
3. Has omega 3 fatty acids which is anti inflammatory. Broccoli is known to aid in tackling arthritis.
4. Broccoli is also a very strong antioxidant. This helps in vitamin C retention, clearing body systems. It is known to help with glowing skin, slowing down ageing and against infections or allergies.
5. Keeps your bones stronger. Broccoli has calcium and vitamin K.
6. Protects the heart and maintains your blood pressure.
7. Keeps your diet clean. Broccoli gives more healthier options, especially for vegetarian eaters.
8. The best source for weight loss. Broccoli contains fibre and protein which is healthy as well as filling.
9. Keeps your eyes healthy. Broccoli contains beta-carotene, vitamin A, C, E and B complex as well as phosphorus.
10. Most important of all, broccoli helps prevents cancer.