The royal taste of Afghani Paneer is mustered up by a marinade made of rich ingredients such as melon seeds, cashew nuts, poppy seeds, cream, milk and butter.
- Paneer cubes (2 cups)
- Oil for greasing and cooking
To be ground into a smooth powder:
- Melon seeds(1 tbsp)
- Cashew nuts (3 tbsp)
- Poppy seeds (1 tbsp)
To make a marinade:
- Fresh cream (¼ cup)
- Milk (2 tbsp)
- White pepper powder (1 tbsp)
- Garam masala (1 tbsp)
- Green chilli paste (1 tbsp)
1. In a deep bowl, combine the powder, the marinade and the paneer and mix gently.
2. Keep aside for at least 2 hours so that paneer is marinated properly.
3. In each satay stick or a skewer, thread 6 pieces of marinated paneer.
4. Heat the non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with a little oil. Place the marinated paneer satays on it and cook on a medium flame. Cook with a little oil for approximately 10 minutes or till they turn to brown in colour.
5. Serve immediately.