Who doesn’t love family vacations? So many places to go to & options to choose from, it is definitely going to be a lot of fun with your family.
Taking a trip peacefully with a baby on board may seem impossible at first. But it is actually best when your child is still a toddler! The child is exposed to a lot of things from the very beginning.
Also, think about it:
- You won’t have to run behind them all because they can barely walk
- They eat a little so you can carry food in smaller quantities.
- Most importantly, both parents can get a hands-on experience of travelling with them and prepare for the future travels
As a team, the two of you can manage your little one and still have a fun vacation.
Not sure how? Here are a few simple tricks of travelling with kids:
1. The packing stage
- Sit together with your partner & jot down a list of everything that needs to be packed
- Double check the list at all times & check if you have taken all the baby essentials (Count the number of items you’re carrying)
- While packing, one of you can start ironing clothes
- The other can organize the luggage. This way, the work gets done efficiently
2. The travelling stage
- You & your spouse have to be prepared for a diaper emergency at each every stage (Pack an emergency bag with the essentials)
- On the flight, the child needs to be kept engaged & entertained all the time. You can do it simultaneously
- Irrespective of any mode of transport, you can divide the duties amongst yourselves & take turns to do it
So, you can enjoy while on the go!
3. The outdoors stage
- Once you reach your destination, you will be on the go & get little time to rest (So make sure to be well rested before the start of the trip!)
- Make sure to carry all your TEDDYY baby care essentials with you
- Diaper changes will mostly be taken care of by the mom since there are no facilities for men to change the nappy in the washroom
- So, dads can take over the baby feeding sessions while the moms are out exploring the place
4. The hotel room stage
- You need to create that homely feel so that your little one feels safe & comfortable
- Both parents can help set this up (Do activities which you normally do at home – Feeding, playing, get their toys, pillow)
- Both of you should spend time talking to the baby & playing with the baby
- Make sure you also keep the bedtime same as it is at your home, so the baby doesn’t feel too much out of place
- Look out for family activities offered at the accommodation that you can do together
- Make a lot of memories!
We recently came across this awesome campaign by TEDDYY promoting co-parenting and vacations.
This campaign aims at breaking stereotypes like - Taking care of the baby both the parents’ responsibility. Even when you’re planning a vacation with your child.
When you & your spouse work as a team, you end up having a lot of fun & a stress-free vacation. A unique experience for the child!
So, TEDDYY diapers are aiming to break that in a super cute way.
TEDDYY offers world-class products like diapers, wipes, nappy pads & changing mats for the baby’s comfort & freedom. It’s specially designed for the Indian weather, & for the Indian body type. Click here if you want to give them a try.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!