Whether you are preparing a simple, homely meal for the weekend or hosting a get-together or a fancy cocktail party or something in between, the nerve-wracking challenge is to prepare the lip-smacking starter which everyone would love. So, to help you impress your gang with your culinary skills, here is a palatable starter recipe - A Melt-in-your-mouth treat: Cheese Poppers.
Cheese poppers are the herbed cheese rolls that are deep-fried to perfection. Although Cheese poppers are scrumptious all by themselves, an accompaniment with Schezwan sauce definitely amplifies its taste.
- Amul Cheese slices (5)
- Plain flour/Maida (¾ cup)
- Fresh bread crumbs (1½ cups)
- For Herbed mixture: Dried mixed herbs (1 tbsp), Dry red chilli flakes (1 tbsp), Salt, Ground black pepper (¼ tbsp)
- Serving Accompaniment: Schezwan sauce
1. Mix plain flour and ¾ cup of water in a bowl and make it a smooth batter. Keep it aside.
2. Prepare the herbed mixture by mixing all the ingredients given under “for herbed mixture”. Divide it into 5 equal portions.
3. In each cheese slice, place 1 portion of the herbed mixture at one end and roll it up tightly.
4. Cut each cheese roll into 3 equal pieces.
5. Dip each piece in the batter and roll it in breadcrumbs. The pieces should be evenly coated from all the sides.
6. In a non-stick deep pan, heat the oil and deep-fry 3 pieces at a time. Let it turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
7. Serve immediately with the Schezwan sauce.