Whether you are preparing a simple, homely meal for the weekend or hosting a get-together or a fancy cocktail party or something in between, the nerve-wracking challenge is to prepare the lip-smacking starter which everyone would love. So, to help you impress your gang with your culinary skills, here is a palatable starter recipe - A Melt-in-your-mouth treat: Cheese Poppers.
Cheese poppers are the herbed cheese rolls that are deep-fried to perfection. Although Cheese poppers are scrumptious all by themselves, an accompaniment with Schezwan sauce definitely amplifies its taste.
- Amul Cheese slices (5)
- Plain flour/Maida (¾ cup)
- Fresh bread crumbs (1½ cups)
- For Herbed mixture: Dried mixed herbs (1 tbsp), Dry red chilli flakes (1 tbsp), Salt, Ground black pepper (¼ tbsp)
- Serving Accompaniment: Schezwan sauce
1. Mix plain flour and ¾ cup of water in a bowl and make it a smooth batter. Keep it aside.
2. Prepare the herbed mixture by mixing all the ingredients given under “for herbed mixture”. Divide it into 5 equal portions.
3. In each cheese slice, place 1 portion of the herbed mixture at one end and roll it up tightly.
4. Cut each cheese roll into 3 equal pieces.
5. Dip each piece in the batter and roll it in breadcrumbs. The pieces should be evenly coated from all the sides.
6. In a non-stick deep pan, heat the oil and deep-fry 3 pieces at a time. Let it turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
7. Serve immediately with the Schezwan sauce.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
We have a great opportunity for you. You can EARN up to Rs 10,000/- every month right in the comfort of your own HOME. Sounds interesting? Fill in this form and we will call you.