Children mean the world to us. No parent can agree more on this. Every parent strives to give the best to their children in order to keep them healthy and happy throughout. In a blink of an eye, your baby transits from crawling to walking. Their mindless babble would soon turn into meaningful words like mama and papa. While they are growing, learning and exploring the world around them, you have to ensure that they are getting the right nutrients to help them grow smart.
Nutrients Required For Your Child’s Development
Growing children require both macro and micronutrients for their development. Macronutrients (carbohydrates, fats, and proteins) are easier to provide to your children and need to be consumed in larger amounts than the micronutrients. Carbs can be found in foods like chapati, rice, bread and pasta. Healthy fats can be obtained from oils, nuts, meat, dairy, and poultry. Proteins can be obtained from dairy, meat, and nuts. Macronutrients are necessary to provide the body with energy to perform daily activities and maintain their bodily functions.
The micronutrients (iron, copper, zinc, and fluoride) should be consumed in smaller amounts but are harder to find. Since most of your child’s brain development happens in the first 6 years of their life (95% to be exact), it is important for you to provide them with the best of nutrition. These nutrients can be obtained from brightly colored fruits and vegetables (think green, yellow, orange and red).
The Answer To Everything Is DHA
So, what is DHA? Are you aware of DHA and its importance in your child’s development? DHA, an Omega-3 fatty acid, helps aid your child’s brain development. Brain development starts in the womb and DHA is very important for this process. This is why pregnant women are asked to consume foods that are rich in DHA.
The required DHA can be obtained by consuming fatty fish like salmon and tuna. Eggs are also a good source of DHA. But kids are always going to be picky about the food they eat. We use all kinds of tricks and tactics to get them to finish up the food on their plate. But even with all these tricks, they would be missing out on a lot of important nutrients.
You would then have to resort to buying some yummy drinks and supplements to keep up the nutrient score. Enfagrow A+ is one such nutritional milk powder for children aged two years and above. It contains DHA plus which is a unique blend of essential brain-building nutrients like DHA along with micronutrients that help improve their problem-solving skills, concentration, and memory. This will enable your child to perform better at school and increase their confidence to achieve their goals. According to WHO recommendations, your child needs to consume 55-75% carbs, 25-35% fat and 10-15% of proteins. Enfagrow A+ has 56-57% carbs, 20-30% fats and 13-14% proteins.
Some Interesting Facts On DHA
- DHA forms 35% of the total brain matter and half of the total fat in the brain for babies who are still in the womb.
- DHA can be found not only in fish, but also in flax seeds, eggs, walnuts, and soybeans.
- 95% of the brain develops in the first 6 years of life, you need to ensure that they get DHA and all the other essential micronutrients they need for proper brain development.
- The first few weeks and months are crucial since babies learn a lot and improve on their IMEC (Intellectual, Motor, Emotional and Communication) skills.
- Kids under the age of 10 find it easier to learn new languages and DHA plays an important role in helping them grasp the language better.
- DHA helps in improving your baby’s cognitive development to a great extent.
Click here to order a pack of Enfagrow right away.