A Guide To Buy The Best Clothes While Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding can be troublesome without the best nursing clothes. The right kind can help the mother by giving her the best comfort while feeding her baby. Breastfeeding is very important for the baby and the mother too. It helps in boosting the immunity of the newborn, and should therefore be done without any discomfort. The first step to comfortable breastfeeding is buying the right type of nursing clothes. Here are some important points that one should remember while shopping for nursing clothes.
What to buy?
1. Nursing bra/tank tops
A good nursing bra is the basic foundation of any nursing wardrobe. Regular bras can also do the job, but you’ll find that because of pulling and flipping, the bra will lose its support pretty fast. Tank tops meant for nursing are also very comfortable as they have special clips and hooks that help a section of a fabric fold down without affecting the support system of the bra. Sports bras that don’t provide much support on normal days can be helpful while nursing. The nursing bras and tanks can be worn with tops that have a plunging neckline. They are just as comfortable as you want it to be.
2. Button down shirts
Button down shirts can be really helpful for working mothers. It can be worn to the office for a casual look and can also be useful for breastfeeding by just flicking down a few buttons. Fabrics that are comfortable and at the same time easily cleaned should be chosen. Shirts in dark colors are a better option.
3. Wrap dresses/tops
Wrap dresses are the most comfortable piece of clothing. They can be simply wrapped around and tied according to the size of the body, which means you wouldn’t have to struggle with size issues. Look for dresses that are ruched at the waist to give your body the best shape. Wraps with lower necklines are the best when worn with nursing bras or tanks. Choose the best and most comfortable fabrics that suit your body like chambray. It provides ease of access, which is the main priority of nursing mothers.
4. Scarves and cardigans
Always remember to have lots scarves in the wardrobe. It covers most of the exposed parts and provides a lot of modesty no matter how awkward things look underneath. It can also help to cover the baby when out in the sun. It could be worn with anything and everything. It also gives a stylish look to your otherwise monotonous daily clothing. Cardigans can serve the same purpose of providing modesty and are fashionable at the same time.
Key points to remember while buying any of the above clothes:
1. Always look for the most comfortable fabric. Cotton can be a good choice, but at the same time, it can be difficult while cleaning them. Though, fabrics like chambray or anything semi-synthetic can be comfortable and easy to clean
2. Look for dresses with lower necklines. This will give ease of access and you won’t feel uncomfortable.
3. Avoid embellished clothes. Breastfeeding might ruin your favourite top, which you won’t like. So, it’s better to avoid such dresses.
4. Always find clothes that you think will be comforting as well as serve the purpose of breastfeeding with ease.
5. Tops with lots of folds and panels also help to cover most of the awkwardness underneath them. Dark colours help do the same.