Dal makhni is an authentic Punjabi dish most popular because of its flavorful taste and nutritional benefits. It is power packed with proteins and vitamins and is one of the most craved dishes among pregnant women. It is made with a luscious variety of dals and thick cream which can lure your taste buds without compromising with your nutrition.
- 3 tsp rajma
- ½ cup urad dal
- 3 tbsp desi ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 3 finely chopped onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 green chillies
- 2 cardamom
- 3 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 3 tsp fresh cream
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- salt as per taste.
1. You need to soak urad dal and rajma overnight. Drain the water next morning and add 2 cups of water, 2 tbsp salt and pressure cook rajma and dal until they become soft.
2. Now heat desi ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once they crackle add cardamom, green chilly, cinnamon, cloves, onion, and ginger garlic paste and saute until it becomes pink in color.
3. Next, add tomato puree and saute for 5 minutes. Add coriander powder, chilly and turmeric powder and cook on a medium flame.
4. Once the oil gets separated add the dal mixture and 1 cup of water. Cover the lid and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
5.Now add cream and mix well. Enjoy this heavenly dish with roti or rice.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
We have a great opportunity for you. You can EARN up to Rs 10,000/- every month right in the comfort of your own HOME. Sounds interesting? Fill in this form and we will call you.