The entire earth is full of people with different body sizes - from an extra small size to a extremely large size. Who doesn’t want to be fit and healthy in the body they are in? To improve your physique and fitness, all you need to do is lose your fat - concentrating on building your strength. How to do it? Here is ultimate 15-day health and fitness plan that is best for you.
Why and How to Lose Fat?
Burning fat is more than looking good in fabulous outfits. It is increasing your energy, improving physique and being confident in the skin you are in. Burning fat is crucial in maintaining physical and psychological health at all ages. This 15-day health and fitness challenge is made up of 2 ingredients - to be healthy and fit.
1. Fat or calorie burning exercises: Excess Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption (EPOC)
EPOC, also called “afterburn effect”, is a phenomenon in which your body consumes excess oxygen after high-intensity exercises. This is in comparison to the pre-exercise oxygen consumption level. The increase in oxygen intake can last for hours after your vigorous workout. It increases energy (calorie) expenditure, fat oxidation, replenishes energy resources, re-oxygenates blood and restores circulatory hormones.
So, what kind of exercises can make you have the afterburn effect, helping you burn more calories? The answer is: a high-intensity workout. This should be done along with resistance workouts.
High-intensity interval training (HIIT) burns calories during the workout. Also, rresistance exercises build lean muscles, burn fat and help building strength. During 15-day health and fitness plan, adhere to following exercises to burn fat and calories:
- Jumping jacks: Stand upright with feet apart and your arms by your side. Jump, push your feet out and raise your arms. Then, repeat it. If you are a beginner and you feel difficulty doing regular jumping jacks, you can step side to side while raising your arms.
- Jumping oblique twist: Standing with your feet together, bring your arms to your shoulder length and join them in front of you. With your body facing front all the time, jump up 3-4 inches off the ground and rotate your feet to right. Next time, you should rotate it to the left.
- Sumo squats: Let your feet be in a position where it is hip-width apart and your toes point at a 45-degree angle. Let your weight be in your heels, with your back flat and chest upright. Let your thighs be parallel to the floor. Workout on your glutes and quads. Then, push back yourself to the starting position.
- Jab, cross and front (right side): Keep your right foot in front and let your left be at the back. Bring your arms up like in a boxing position. Punch (jab) with the right arm and cross punch with the left letting your body rotate. Your body should be on right foot. Then, get back to the starting position.
2. Proper protein-rich diet
Sufficient protein intake burns fat, helps you lose your weight naturally, builds lean muscle and also keeps you full. Scientifically, you should be eating 1 gram of protein per pound of your body weight each day. So, what you need to eat to get that much amount of protein from your diet? Below is the answer.
Ideally your day should consists of 6 meals with a short interval of time in between. A day’s typical protein-rich diet looks like this:
- You can begin your day with 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk and 1 banana.
- In your second meal you can have 1 scoop of any fat burning supporter, 1 cup of berries and 1 cup of almond milk.
- The third meal might consist of 1 whole egg, 1 cup of egg whites and veggies.
- In the fourth meal you can have a chicken dish, lettuce and 1/3rd avocado.
- In the fifth meal you can include veggies and steak salad.
- The last meal of the day can be chocolate, protein and peanut butter.