Mothers often freak out while deciding the food for their babies. A 9-month-old cannot have all the food items. The recipes chosen should be healthy and at the same time tasty. The following nutritious dishes are tailor made for a 9-month-old baby.
I. The rice and lentils magic:
This dish is high in its nutrition content and perfect for a 9-month-old baby.
The ingredients include: Lentils (1/2 cup), rice (1/2 cup), vegetables (carrots, beans, potato, peas, and onion), oil or butter and water.
1. Chop the vegetables into small pieces.
2. Transfer the chopped vegetables, lentils, and rice into a pressure cooker.
3. Add water accordingly and cook (2-3 whistles).
4. Wait for 5-7 minutes and transfer the mixture into a bowl.
5. Add a small teaspoon of butter to it.
6. Alternately, you can also mash the mixture into a fine paste.
Benefits: The food is rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins and fibers.
II. Yummy chicken delight:
Tasty and healthy, this dish is a winner from the word go and will keep the tummy and the mummy happy. Recipe:
The nutritious dish requires chicken, vegetables (onions, tomatoes, garlic, celery, carrots), and olive oil · Cut the chicken and the vegetables into small pieces.
1. In a pan, heat olive oil. Add the chicken pieces and cook on a low steam for 7-8 minutes.
2. Keep the cooked chicken aside.
3. In the same pan, add the vegetables and stir till they become soft and tender.
4. Add the chicken (include the chicken stock as well) and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
5. Once the yummy dish has cooled down, blend it into a fine paste.
6. Adjust the consistency according to your convenience.
Benefits: This super delight is rich in minerals, proteins, vitamins and fiber.
III. Egg yolk the scrambled way:
Egg yolks is a child's best friend. The health benefits of egg yolks are immense. The recipe is as simple as it can get.
You will need egg yolks (2), vegetable (carrots, tomato, onion, broccoli), and butter or oil.
1. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks thoroughly
2. Julienne cut the vegetables and transfer it to the bowl containing whisked eggs.
3. Whisk the mixture well. · Heat a pan and add a teaspoon (or two) of butter to it.
4. Transfer the contents of the bowl into the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
5. The scrambled egg yolk is ready to be served.
Benefits: The egg yolk is an excellent source of vitamins (A, D, E, K, B12, folate), antioxidants (zeaxanthin and lutein), and omega-3 fatty acids, to name a few.
IV. The egg yolk bonanza continues:
This baby food recipe is ideal for a 9-month-old.
The ingredients are simple and include egg, sweet potato (boiled and mashed) and formula milk.
1. Hard boil the egg. Deshell the egg and discard the egg white.
2. Mash the egg yolk using a fork or a spoon head.
3. Add the mashed sweet potato to it and mix thoroughly.
4. Add formula milk to make a smooth paste.
Benefits: As discussed in the above recipe, egg yolk is a rich source of important vitamins, antioxidants, and omega-3-fatty acids. Sweet potato is full of Vitamins (A, E, folate) and minerals (calcium and potassium).
V. The banana fantasy:
The dish is sure to keep the baby tummy happy.
The ingredients include porridge oats (1-2 tablespoon), mashed banana or banana puree, instant formula or breast milk (~150ml)
1. Heat the milk and oats in a saucepan with continuous stirring.
2. Switch off the flame once the mixture thickens. You can also microwave the mixture (high speed, 2 minutes).
3. Allow the mixture to cool down and add the banana puree to it.
4. Keep stirring to avoid lump formation.
5. The healthy delicacy is ready to be served. Benefits: Vitamins, minerals, proteins, dietary fibers, and fats; the delicacy is laden with all the essential nutrients.
VI. The cheese mash:
The lip smacking dish will bring a smile to your baby's face.
You will need cottage cheese (low salt, ~45g) and fresh or frozen peas (~45g).
1. Boil the frozen peas in a pan until they become soft and tender.
2. Mash the cooked peas with low salt cottage cheese.
3. The cheesy peas mash with a rice cake is a mouthwatering combination.
Benefits: The dish is rich in fiber, zinc, iron, vitamin (B, E), and folic acid.
VII. The triple nourishment:
This is a healthy food recipe for a 9-month old.
The ingredients include: Broccoli florets (2-3), finely grounded roasted almonds and chopped tomatoes.
1. Heat the broccoli florets until they become soft.
2. Blend the chopped tomatoes and the tender broccoli florets into a fine paste.
3. Add the roasted almond powder and stir well.
4. The nutritious delight is ready to be served.
Benefits: Vitamins (C, E and beta-carotene) and calcium are present in abundance in the dish.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
We have a great opportunity for you. You can EARN up to Rs 10,000/- every month right in the comfort of your own HOME. Sounds interesting? Fill in this form and we will call you.