Childbirth is one of the most beautiful experiences in the life of a woman but its daunting after effects can be stressful as well. Although the baby is the center of your primary focus, your post-partum body too needs attention. One of these after-effects is the development of dark circles under your eyes
It is essential to understand the reason for the appearance of dark circles or patches under the eyes. These reasons may include stress, sleeplessness, unhealthy lifestyle, and hormonal changes. Another reason for the appearance of the dark circles could be the deficiency of vitamin B12 in the body. Dark circles tend to make women nervous and edgy about their looks. This is something that can sometimes be difficult to remove in the first go.
Do not fret though! Below we bring you 8 of the most trusted homemade remedies that are sure to help you in lightening those dark circles.
Tomatoes are considered to be one of the best remedies for dark circles. They make your skin supple and soft along with reducing the dark circles. Repeat this procedure at least twice a day for significant result.
- Take a few drops of honey and one tsp. of tomato juice.
- Mix them with one tsp of lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture below your eyes.
- Leave it to dry for about 10 to 15 minutes and then wash away your face.
2. Potato and Cucumber with Honey
With time, you will notice the dark circles getting lighter in intensity.
- Chop potato and cucumber into small pieces.
- Grind the pieces to make a paste.
- Add a few drops of aloe vera gel and honey to the paste, mixing it well.
- Apply the prepared paste on the affected area and let it dry for a while.
- You can wash it away after a few minutes.
3. Raw Milk
Raw milk proves to be an easy and an excellent remedy for dark circles. If you make it a habit and a part of your routine, you can say goodbye to the dark circles forever.
- Dip a cotton swab in some raw milk and gently massage the area under your eyes with the dipped cotton ball.
4. Rose Water
The use of rose water is one of the most popular and easiest method for treating dark circles. Rose water provides excellent nourishment to the eyes and hydrates them as well. Doing this on a regular basis will give you glowing results.
- Dip a ball of cotton in rose water for a while.
- Place it over your eyes gently and leave it for there for a while.
- You can remove the cotton ball after 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Cold Tea Bags
Green tea bags or chamomile tea bags are preferred over regular tea bags. This method will give you considerable benefit if you practice it on a regular basis.
- Take tea bags and soak them in water.
- Place them in the refrigerator to cool it down for some time.
- Gently place these tea bags on your eyes.
6. Buttermilk Paste
Turmeric has medicinal properties that rejuvenate the skin under your eyes which is delicate in nature.
- Form a paste by mixing two tbsp of buttermilk and turmeric together.
- Apply the paste on your dark circles and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash your face using lukewarm water.
7. Almond Oil and Honey
This will refresh your eyes and give you the best result if done on a regular basis.
- Add a few drops of honey to almond oil and mix it.
- Gently apply the mixture over the dark circles before going to bed.
- When you wake up in the morning, the next day, wipe it using a damp cotton pad.
- Wash your face using cold water.
8. Mint Leaves
Mint leaves are known for their rejuvenating qualities and can be used to get rid of those nasty dark circles. You will see visibly incredible result if you do so each night for one week.
- Take some mint leaves and crush them with water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste over the areas affected and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Wash your face.
These natural and homemade remedies will help you in getting better results with no threat of any side effects.