Switching from a liquid diet to a solid diet can be difficult for your child. As a mother, you need to be patient with your child and all their tantrum. Introducing solid foods after the age of 8 months is advisable. In the first few weeks of the switch, your child might not take in the new taste as well as you assumed.
1. Introduce the delicious food before you start giving them the nutritious ones, which usually don’t taste as good. If your child spits out certain food, do not force them to swallow it. Switching to solid foods can take longer with some babies, so let your baby go with the pace that they are comfortable with.
2. Spitting out food does not always mean your child doesn't like your food. They might not know how to swallow the mass. You need to keep your calm and feed them what they like. You will know when they are ready.
3. If your child spits out a certain food, it might mean they do not like how it tastes. Do not force your child to eat any food, no matter how nutritious the content. If this happens when you know they are very hungry, just feed them something they like. Or, try and add the same content in a different recipe that your child might like.
4. Feed your child when he/she is hungry, as it is easier to get food into your child's system when they are hungry. Feeding them solid foods on a heavy stomach might result in them spitting the food out instead of swallowing it.
5. Encourage your child to self-feed. Baby cutlery is usually made safe for children to play around with. Let your child play around with their food, which will encourage them to take control of the reigns when it comes to feeding themselves. Make sure you keep an eye on them in case they harm themselves in the process.
6. Starting with soft food, fruits, and mashed items is a thumbs up. Colourful and interesting texture can be tempting for your child. Let them hold onto their spoons while they relish the nutritious fruits and vegetables.
Mommies! Here's some good news for you all!
Tinystep has launched an all-natural floor cleaner that's safe for you, your baby, and your home. Say NO to both germs and chemicals today!
Give this product a try and let us know if you like it. You can order it here.