6 Healthy And Delicious Indian Recipes For To Be Moms
Are you confused between your food choices? We know it’s hard resisting your cravings, that too when you’re stressing about keeping your diet healthy. It’s alright, ladies, for this is how it is during pregnancy.
However, there are plenty of dishes out there that are both delicious and healthy. A lot of them being our own Indian dishes. Here we have for you 6 healthy and yummy Indian recipes that you’ll find yourself making at home every now and then to satisfy your cravings.
1. Broccoli, carrot and paneer sabzi
This one’s very simple to cook. Here are the steps:
1. Blend tomatoes and onions in a blender until smooth
2. Heat a pan and saute some ginger-garlic paste in it (on low flame)
3. Put the tomato-onion mixture in the pan and stir well
4. Add milk and salt to it
5. Add all the veggies and cook for 5 minutes on medium flame
You have with you now the sources of Vitamin C, A, iron and folic acids. Healthy, isn’t it?
2. Vegetable salad
1. Chop and mix veggies such as chana sprouts, peppers, onions, tomatoes and anything else you like.
2. Dress it up a little with olive or mustard oil and sprinkle some gramme or chaat masala on it
3. Sprinkle a little pepper and salt
Your colourful salad is ready.
3. Chickpea tikis
1. Soak chickpeas in water and boil them
2. Mash them and add salt, chilli powder and mint to it
3. Add grated cabbage, garlic, more veggies like carrots, beans and all to it
4. Heat a pan with some oil in it
5. Mould tikis out of the mashed chickpeas and fry until light brown
It’s time for the best snack ever. Make sure there’s some ketchup at home as a dip for this tikkis.
4. Lentil and spinach soup
1. Chop an onion and mix it with grated garlic
2. Dry roast it on medium flame
3. Add chopped tomatoes and 1 cup of masoor dal along with 2 cups of water
4. Pressure cook these ingredients for 2 minutes
5. Once cooled, blend the ingredients
6. Transfer the puree into the pan, add milk, salt, pepper, spinach and a cup of boiled water
7. Heat for 2 minutes
Your soup is ready!
5. Barley Khichdi
1. Boil barley along with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker
2. Meanwhile, heat some oil in a pan
3. Add cumin seeds to it and saute one sliced onion for 1 minute
4. Add tomatoes and other vegetables as per your taste and requirement
5. Finally mix the boiled barley and cook for 2-3 minutes
This dish does not just satisfy your taste buds but is light on your tummy too.
6. Corn and spinach sandwich
1. You will require 2 slices (or more) of brown bread
2. Add chopped spinach and corn in a bowl and dress it up with mayonnaise and pepper
3. Fill this mixture between the slices of bread
4. Grill this till done
This is best for when you are really hungry and need to whip up a tasty and healthy dish really quick.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
We have a great opportunity for you. You can EARN up to Rs 10,000/- every month right in the comfort of your own HOME. Sounds interesting? Fill in this form and we will call you.