Video source: TOTS AND MOMS (Youtube)
Solid food is introduced into a baby’s diet between 6 and 8 months of age. Fruit purees, mashed vegetables, and Yogurt are a few first foods that you might give to your baby.
But have you considered eggs? They’re inexpensive yet a rich source of proteins, vitamins, and minerals. They also contain vitamin A, D, E, B6, and B12. For many years it was recommended not to feed eggs to babies at least until they turn a year old because they’re allergenic. But this is not completely true. It’s only the white of the egg that is an allergenic, egg yolk is not.
Here are 5 egg yolk recipes that you can give to your baby.
1. Egg yolk mash
- Boil eggs on a medium flame for about 10 minutes.
- Cool them down to a room temperature and then remove the shell.
- Cut the egg in two and separate the cooked yolk from the white.
- Mash the egg yolk and add breastmilk or formula milk(optional) before feeding your baby.
2. Egg yolk scramble
- Crack open an egg and separate the yolk from the white. You can take up to 2 eggs.
- Add half a spoon of butter to a hot pan and add egg yolks to it.
- Keep stirring the pan until they’re cooked and form a scramble.
3. Egg yolk omelette
- Repeat the same procedure as above to obtain only the egg yolk.
- Beat them until they mix properly and add a pinch of cinnamon or pepper.
- Add ghee or butter to the tawa and pour the yolk mixture into it.
- Close it with a lid and leave it for 1 - 2 minutes. Then flip the omelette on to the other side and cook it. Delicious omelette for your little one is ready!
4. Egg yolk carrot rice
- Add oil or ghee in a hot pan.
- Add a tablespoon of grated carrot and cook it until it turns mushy.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cooked rice and one egg yolk and mix them well.
- Cook it for a few minutes and egg yolk carrot rice is ready to be consumed.
5. Eggs yolk oats pancake
- Take 1 to 2 tablespoons of powdered oats and add egg yolk and a pinch of cumin or pepper powder to it.
- Then add formula/breast milk or even water to the mixture to make it into a paste-like consistency.
- Pour the batter into small pancakes onto the pan and add oil before covering the lid and cooking it for a few minutes.
- There you go - super yummy pancakes for your baby!
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!