Your baby’s soft skin is thin and delicate, making it all the more vulnerable to skin problems like rashes. Rashes are one of the most common skin problems in babies, and it’s important to know how to deal with them and protect your baby’s skin.
Here’s what you need to know about rashes in babies:
1. Your Baby Is More Likely to Have Rashes
Since babies’ skin is delicate, they are more vulnerable to skin problems like rashes. Your baby’s sweat glands are smaller, making it difficult for your baby to regulate body temperature. Heat rashes occur when sweat gets trapped under the skin. This is also how prickly heat and diaper rashes occur.
2. How to Protect the Skin from Rashes
When it comes to prickly heat and diaper rashes, the best protection for your baby’s skin is to keep it clean and dry.
Apart from bathing your baby, it is important to wipe between the folds of the skin to remove trapped sweat. Himalaya Gentle Baby Wipes, enriched with Indian Aloe and Lotus, help moisturize and soothe the skin, and protect it from infections. They are ideal for a quick and gentle cleanup.
To manage excessive sweating and keep the skin cool and fresh, you can also try Himalaya Prickly Heat Baby Powder enriched with Vetiver and Neem. Vetiver helps cool the skin and manage excessive sweating, while Neem protects the skin from infections. This will keep your baby cool.
3. How to Soothe Rashes and Itchiness
One of the best ways to soothe rashes is to use a calamine lotion. Its gentle moisturization always helps the skin feel better. From bug bites to prickly heat, a few drops of calamine lotion can help relieve itching.
Himalaya Soothing Calamine Baby Lotion contains the healing properties of Calamine and the antibacterial properties of Aloe Vera. It also contains Nutgrass, which has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. The herbal properties of this Soothing Calamine Baby Lotion make it a safe choice for your little one.
4. Protecting Your Baby from Diaper Rashes
Diaper rashes are one of the most common rashes. Fortunately, there are ways to soothe your baby’s rashes well as well as protect the skin from more diaper rashes. Clean the skin gently and allow some diaper-free time, to avoid excess moisture and wetness. This allows the skin to breathe.
Soothe and protect your baby’s skin with a gentle cream, like Himalaya Diaper Rash Cream. The Almond Oil and Aloe Vera formulation is perfect to ensure nourishment, as well as soothe and heal your baby’s sensitive skin. You can use this after a bath or between diaper changes, on clean and dry skin.
5. Skin Care Tips to Prevent Rashes
These skin care tips can help protect baby’s skin from rashes:
- Dress your baby in loose and comfortable cotton clothes in the summer - this helps keep the skin cool and dry.
- Choose gentle baby care products which do not dry out the skin or make it very greasy. Himalaya BabyCare products, enriched with the goodness of herbs, are mild and gentle on your baby’s skin.
- Avoid using harsh laundry detergents that could irritate your baby’s skin if left behind on the clothes.
- Change your baby’s clothes and diapers often to avoid wetness and keep the skin clean.
Rashes are a common problem and can be easily dealt with, if you take the right precautions. Try Himalaya BabyCare products to keep your little one’s skin soft, safe, and rash free!