Stretch marks are visible lines with an off-color hue on the skin surface. They are mainly found on the abdominal wall, thighs, upper arms, buttocks and breasts. While pregnancy is the main cause behind stretch marks, other reasons include sudden gain or loss in weight, rapid growth, heredity factors, stress and changes in physical conditions.
Stretch marks can make you feel self-conscious and uncomfortable about your appearance. Fortunately, there are several natural ways to reduce them over a period of time.
Natural white sugar is one of the best natural remedies to get rid of stretch marks. You can use the sugar to exfoliate your skin.
1. Mix a tablespoon of raw sugar with some almond oil and a few drops of lemon juice.
2. Mix it well and apply it on the stretch marks and other skin areas.
3. Gently rub the mixture on the skin for a few minutes every day before taking a shower.
4. Continue for about a month and watch your stretch marks become lighter.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera can effectively treat many skin problems. Its healing and soothing properties can be used to get rid of stretch marks.
1. You can directly rub aloe vera gel on the affected skin area, leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse the skin with lukewarm water.
2. Mix one-fourth cup of aloe vera gel, oil from 10 vitamin E capsules and oil from five vitamin A capsules. Rub this mixture onto the skin until fully absorbed.
3.Repeat this process daily.
3. Potato Juice
Potato is a great source of Vitamin C, potassium, thiamine, riboflavin, folate, magnesium, phosphorous, iron and zinc and its juice can be used to foster growth and restoration of skin cells.
1. Cut a medium-sized potato into thick slices.
2. Take one of the potato pieces and rub it gently on the stretch marks for a few minutes.
3. Make sure the starch from the potato covers the affected area.
4. Allow the potato juice to dry for some time and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
4. Lemon Juice
Another simple way to lessen stretch marks is to use lemon juice. Lemon juice is naturally acidic which helps heal and reduce stretch marks, acne, and other scars.
1. Rub fresh lemon juice gently onto the stretch marks using circular motions. Allow the lemon juice to soak into your skin for at least 10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
2. Mix equal quantities of cucumber juice and lemon juice and apply the mixture on the stretch marks.
5. Egg Whites
Eggs are a rich source of protein. For stretch marks, you should use only the egg whites, which contain amino acids and proteins.
1. Whip the whites of two eggs gently with a fork. Clean the affected skin area with water and then apply a thick layer of egg whites with a makeup brush.
2. Allow the egg whites to dry completely and then rinse the area with cold water.
3. Finally apply some olive oil to keep your skin moisturized.
4. Repeat the process daily for at least two weeks to see positive results.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!