5 Healthy Recipes For You During Your First Trimester
If you’ve just conceived, you’re right on time to make changes in your diet. It’s always good to start healthy and it is very important to maintain this throughout your pregnancy for the sake of both your health and your baby’s.
Now, we know you don’t really like eating anything healthy (thanks to all the cravings) right now. However, you might want to reconsider your choice of foods. Considering this, we have for you 5 recipes that ensure both health and taste.
1. Potato and onion soup
1. Heat butter in a pressure cooker
2. Saute one chopped onion in it for 1 minute
3. Add 2 diced potatoes and saute it for 1 minute too
4. Add 1 and a half cups of water and pressure cook the potatoes for 3 whistles
5. Once cooled, blend the ingredients in a mixer and make a puree out of it
6. Transfer the puree into a pan, add salt, pepper and half a cup water
7. Cook for 2-3 minutes
8. Garnish with grated carrots
Your soup is ready!
2. Sprouts, spring onions and tomato salad
1. Soak and boil sprouts in water
2. Chop 2 green onions and 2 tomatoes
3. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
4. Add 2 tablespoon lemon, a tinge of salt, black salt and pepper
5. Toss well and serve
3. Moong dal dosa
1. Soak moong dal and rice in water for at least 3 hours and drain
2. Grind the paste using a little water in the blender
3. Add salt to the batter and mix well as per taste
4. Heat some oil in a pan
5. Spread the batter onto the pan in a circular motion and cook until light brown
6. Serve with chutney
4. Broccoli soup
1. Heat oil in a deep pan and saute 2 sliced onions in it
2. Add one cup full broccoli in it and cook with the lid covered for 3-4 minutes
3. Once cooked, let the ingredients be cooled
4. Blend the mixture until smooth
5. Transfer the puree into the same pan
6. Add milk, salt and pepper and stir well
7. Cook for 3-4 minutes
Your soup is ready
5. Bajra khakras
1. Mix the Baja flour, whole wheat flour, salt, green chillies and water together
2. Add warm water and knead the dough well
3. Make 3-4 balls (or more if you want) and roll until flat
4. Heat a nonstick pan with ghee or oil, and cook the khakras until crisp
5. Serve hot with pickle
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!