Food poisoning is mostly caused by consuming food that contains a certain kind of bacteria, toxin or virus that has caused your body to react in a negative way. So eating from unhygienic cafeterias, or consuming street food, or even eating without washing your hands, may all cause a person to get affected by food poisoning. An unpleasant experience for anyone who catches it, food poisoning symptoms is often accompanied by diarrhoea, vomiting, and nausea. There are many food poisoning remedies out there, and we have gathered the list of the most common home remedies for food poisoning, to help you get over the illness in the comfort of your own home.
Table Of Contents:
Let's take a look at some food poisoning symptoms and then see what are the best home remedies for food poisoning to help cure it without having to get any food poisoning medicine prescribed. Take a look at these food poisoning remedies below:
Food Poisoning Causes
In most cases, the major food poisoning causes are due to the fact that you have consumed food that contains bacteria or viruses, and the fact that your body's immune system is not strong enough to fight these bacteria. You can take supplements and vitamins to make sure that your body is strong enough to fight off viruses, but if you have been affected by food poisoning, fret not, because there are many food poisoning remedies you can do to treat yourself from the infection. In fact, there are many home remedies for food poisoning, which are easily found in the kitchen, and if you develop any food poisoning symptoms, you can try out these remedies right in your own home.
Now, what are the food poisoning symptoms? The sooner you come to know the food poisoning symptoms, the quicker you can use these home remedies for food poisoning to cure this condition.
Food Poisoning Symptoms
As most people might be aware, the most common food poisoning symptoms include diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting. But apart from these, these are some of the other food poisoning symptoms you should look out for, and start taking some food poisoning remedies to make sure you are not badly affected by it:
‣ Headache: If you experience throbbing headaches and discomfort, then it may be one of the food poisoning symptoms.
‣ Fever: Any sign of fever may be one of the food poisoning symptoms and should not be ignored.
‣ Abdominal Pain Or Discomfort: If you experience any discomfort or uneasiness in the abdominal region, it may be one of the food poisoning symptoms as well.
‣ Dehydration: If you suddenly find yourself feeling dehydrated often, don’t ignore it, as it may be one of the food poisoning symptoms.
‣ Bloody Stool: Although this is quite rare, a bloody stool is definitely one of the more dangerous food poisoning symptoms and needs to be dealt with as soon as possible, by taking some food poisoning remedies.
Although symptoms like fever or dehydration might seem normal, you should look for their sudden onset, especially after indulging in street food, or from a dirty cafeteria, and food poisoning remedies should be taken. To make your job easier, we have rounded a list of the 15 top home remedies for food poisoning:
Home Remedies For Food Poisoning
Food poisoning remedies are always better than taking food poisoning medicine, and that’s why we've found some handy home remedies for food poisoning that you can find right in your own kitchen, to treat food poisoning:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar: Mixing one or two teaspoons of apple cider in a glass of warm water is one of the best food poisoning remedies you can have. Have this mixture before every meal.
2. Chamomile Tea: Chamomile tea is one of the top home remedies for food poisoning, and you should have it two or three times a day, by mixing with some honey and lime.
3. Cumin Seeds: Cumin seeds have powerful properties of food poisoning remedies. Mix some cumin seeds in a cup of warm water along with salt and coriander seeds, and have this concoction 1-2 times a day.
4. Ginger: Ginger is not only tasty but also one of the best home remedies for food poisoning out there. Add it to either water or green tea, along with some lime and honey.
5. Banana And Yoghurt: Some of the best food poisoning remedies are actually quite delicious. Make an evening snack out of banana and yoghurts, and it doubles up as a food poisoning remedy. Add some nuts for flavour if you like.
6. Peppermint Tea: If you are suffering from tummy ache, Peppermint tea makes for one of the top home remedies for food poisoning. Have a cup in between meals and you're bound to be relieved from the pain.
7. Honey: Honey has some of the best antibacterial properties and is definitely one of the top food poisoning remedies that can be found in every kitchen. Have 3-4 raw teaspoons of honey every day and notice yourself feeling better.
8. Lemon: Though the taste and flavour might not suit everyone, one of the best home remedies for food poisoning is this inexpensive ingredient found in every household. Take a shot of lemon juice along with some sugar twice a day to see quick results.
9. Garlic: Though this might not sound appealing to many of you, garlic provides effective and quick results and hence is one of the best food poisoning remedies. Squeeze some garlic into warm water, and consume this mixture once a day.
10. Candy: As opposed to garlic, candy is one of those food poisoning remedies that is loved by all. Suck on some sour candy to relieve the discomfort of food poisoning.
11. Chicken Broth: Chicken soup for the soul, and for the upset tummy! One of the best home remedies for food poisoning is, in fact, chicken broth. Both delicious and good for you!
12. Apples: It's true what they say, an apple a day does keep the doctor away. Eating apples is one of the best home remedies for food poisoning, and one of the most delicious ones as well!
13. Coconut Water: Coconut water is known for its soothing effect on the stomach and that's what makes it one of the top food poisoning remedies found at home. Take one or two cups of this natural ailment daily.
14. Orange Juice: This citric concoction is both tasty and good for you and that’s why it's on the list of the top home remedies for food poisoning, and can be had once or twice a day.
15. Basil: Basil has some great antibacterial properties and is among the best food poisoning remedies one can have at home. Boil the basil with some water, and consume this mixture once cooled.
We hope these home remedies for food poisoning help make you feel better if you develop any food poisoning symptoms, and relieve your pain quickly.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!