Apart from improving the memory power, there are so many badam benefits that people do not know. Both almonds and almond oil help in the growth of hair, preventing the ageing signs and healing the cracks. There are so many benefits of almonds. So ladies if you want to know how these benefits of almonds or badam as well as almond oil for your skin and hair, keep on reading.
Table Of Contents
Nutrition Value Of Almonds
Almonds belong to the prunus group. They are also termed as badam Hindi language. Consuming the almonds will help in sharpening the memory power. There are so many health, skin and hair benefits of these almonds. They can be used in various forms and almond oil is one of them. This almond oil is used for hair, skin and is edible too thus can be used in food items.
One Ounce of Badams contain:
6 grams of protein
Plus Vitamin E - 35% DV (Daily Value)
4 grams of fiber
Magnesium - 20% DV
Calcium - 8% DV
Riboflavin - 20% DV
Potassium - 6% DV
12 Benefits Of Almonds For Hair And Skin
Almonds For Hair:
There are so many benefits of almond for hair. Applying the almond oil for hair frequently is going to do miracles.
1. Almonds Strengthen the Hair: The almonds contain proteins and fatty acids. The oil that has been extracted from these almonds will aid in providing the nutrients for your hair. These nutrients will penetrate through the hair strand and offer the required strength to the hair. Apart from strengthening the hair, it also makes hair smooth and silky.
2. Almond Oil Treats Dandruff: Dandruff is one of the most common problems that people suffer from. The badam oil possesses the inflammatory properties which help in fighting dandruff. If almond oil is not suitable for your hair or you do not want to apply it for any other reasons, you can just crush few almonds in the oil and apply it to remove dandruff from your hair.
3. Almonds Prevent The Hair Greying: Nowadays premature hair greying has become a normal problem among the youngsters. Dying the hair or applying some hair packs will just cover the hair greying but they unable to prevent it completely. Soak 4-5 almonds overnight and consume them the next morning. Follow this routine on daily basis and you will observe the changes. The Vitamin E and antioxidant properties present in almonds will help in delaying the premature greying. This can be considered one of the best benefits of almonds.
4. Badam Oil Gets Rid Of The Split Ends: Split ends are a sign of unhealthy hair. These split ends to restrict the growth of hair. Applying almond oil and massaging the split ends with it will show a huge effect on the split ends. Consuming 4-5 almonds daily will also show a huge impact on your split ends.
5. Almond Oil Prevents Frizzy Hair: Frizzy hair will completely affect the look of a person. Managing the frizzy hair with the chemical components will affect it more. So it is better to go for the natural methods. Replace your oil with the badam oil and apply it on daily basis. If you can’t replace the oil, at least crush the badam and mix it in the regular oil. Apply it to the hair. The nutrients present in the badam will help you in getting rid of the frizzy hair.
6. Badam Benefits In Curing The Itchy Scalp: Almonds have anti-inflammatory properties which help in regulating lies and any other microbes present in the scalp. It helps in getting rid of the itchy scalp. You can add 3-4 badam in your regular oil and apply it to the hair.
Almond Oil For Skin
Almonds and almond oil are filled with different types of nutrients and all these nutrients are helpful for skin, hair and health too. Here are some of the amazing benefits of almonds as well as almond oil for skin.
1. Almonds Help In Nourishing The Skin: It is important to take the utmost care of the skin. Almonds act as a great moisturizer for the skin. Soak the almonds for overnight and mash them. Apply the paste to your skin. If you have dry skin, you can mix whipped cream into the paste and apply it. This will hydrate the skin and all the nutrients that are important for the skin are provided to it. This is one of the notable benefits of almonds for skin.
2. Badam Benefits In Improvising The Skin Tone: Badam helps in improving the skin tone. It is a better alternative for the face creams. Soak the badam for overnight, mash them and apply the paste to face. The almonds will help in repairing the skin tissues and also accelerates the formation of new skin tissues. This will help in improving the texture as well as the tone of the skin.
3. Badam Oil Prevents Aging: Almonds are rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants. The almond oil has very light texture and it is not greasy at all. So it penetrates through the skin and helps in removing the free radicals that are the reason for the ageing. As the radicals are removed, ageing is delayed. This is one of the best benefits of almond oil for face.
4. Almonds Act As A Natural Scrub: The almonds act as a natural scrub. Mix the paste of soaked almonds with lemon, honey or milk and make different kinds of packs. The badam is very good for exfoliating the skin and it will give you a fresh look too.
5. Almond Oil Treats The Skin Inflammation: Almonds have anti-inflammatory agents. The application of almond oil will help in treating the skin inflammation. You can even apply the soaked almond paste on the damaged skin.
6. Badam Oil Heals The Cracked Skin: Cracked skin on the feet is a very common problem for most of the women. There are so many chemical based creams and medications which aren’t that effective. The best way to treat this cracked skin is by massaging it with the badam oil. This is one of the most effective ways of healing the cracked skin.
How To Use Almonds for Face and Skin
Almond Oil And Banana Pack
This pack helps in strengthening the roots of hair thus preventing the hair fall and any other damages related to hair. Mash a ripe banana and add 8-10 drops of pure almond oil. Mix the pack thoroughly and massage your hair with it. Leave on the pack for 25 to 30 minutes and wash the hair. Practice this regularly for and you will find a lot of difference in your hair. This can be considered as one of the best benefits of almond oil for hair.
Hair Mask For The Dry Hair
Are you suffering from dry and brittle hair, then here is a pack that will help in making your hair soft and silky. Add a few drops of almond oil in egg and apply it to your hair. Leave it on for half an hour and then rinse. The egg is known for making hair soft and silky. This is one of the best badam benefits for hair.
Face Pack For Skin Whitening
Crush the almonds and mix a pinch of saffron to it. Mix them with raw milk until a nice paste is formed. Apply the paste to your face. Follow this routine for twice a week and you will find a difference in your skin tone gradually. Almonds help in skin whitening and this can be considered as a commendable almond benefit of skin.
Almond Face Pack For Dark Circles
Mix the crushed almonds with lemon and raw milk cream. Apply the paste along the dark circles and air dry it. Once the paste has been dried off rinse the area. Now apply almond oil on the affected area. As badam oil is lighter it gets absorbed easily. This will help you in fighting dark circles.
Badam or Almonds can be considered as one of the best nuts available in the market. There are so many benefits of almond for hair, skin and for even health too. As these almonds are always available in the kitchen, it is very easy to make any packs out of them. Even the almond oil is available in almost every store. Almonds can replace many creams and shampoos that are filled with chemicals. So it is better to enjoy all the benefits of almonds rather than wasting your time and money on some costly chemical filled products.
[Also Read: 10 Uses of Almond Oil]